Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Celebrates 36 Years
The 36th anniversary Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (PVGP), presented by the Greater Pittsburgh Automobile Dealers Foundation, concluded on Race Weekend, July 14-15, at Pittsburgh’s Schenley Park. Leading up to the weekend were 10-days of events that included car shows, parades, a gala, a party in an airplane hangar, vintage races and much more.
Several Merakey AVS consumers attended PVGP events as charity ambassadors. They mingled, enjoyed dinner and a live band at the Blacktie & Tailpipes Gala, sang the National Anthem, rode in a race car at Pitt-Race and waved to the crowds as they participated in the Opening Ceremonies Parade. We are grateful to the ambassadors for representing Merakey AVS!
We are also extremely thankful to more than 100 family members, friends and employees who came out to Schenley Park to volunteer to sell PVGP merchandise. Their efforts, along with those of hundreds of other volunteers, ensures that all the events run smoothly, are enjoyable, and bring great results for the PVGP and its charities. Since its start in 1983, the PVGP has raised more than $5 million for Merakey Allegheny Valley School and the Autism Society of Pittsburgh.
For more about the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, visit www.pvgp.org.
Below are links to articles about the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix that mention Merakey AVS or staff members that attended the events:
- Black Tie & Tailpipes Gala held at Fox Chapel Golf Club (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Tune-Up party hosts more than 1,000 guests (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Passport to Elegance event held in West Mifflin (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Charity vintage car race in Schenley Park to celebrate 36th anniversary (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- 'Best race in the United States' Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix raises money for charity (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Fun and philanthropy combine — Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (TribLIVE)
About the Race: